Thursday, November 12, 2009
10. 8:45am is too early for us to be up.
9. We are always late, we would have missed all 4 flights. (Croatians are in their own time zone)
8. Pretty people on the plane distract us. (anything distracts us)
7. We would talk loudly and bring attention to ourselves. (cursing everyone who is not Croatian)
6. Food and drinks were on the plane. (We would be dancing kolo or singing GANGE because we only drink rakija & Spek) and roast pig might take a bit longer to roast at 40000 feet. (mind you we eat anything) of course we would pack our own meals.
5. We talk with our hands, we would have put our weapons down.
4. We would all want to fly the plane.
3. We would argue and start a fight in the plane.!!!!!!!!! (and fight the entire time) cursing each other's relatives back 700 generations.
2. We would have put the CROATIAN flag on the windshield. (and have to paint the entire plane red, white and blue of course not leaving out the checkers)...
1. We would have told everyone a week before doing it. (and asking them to watch and tape the news brief for us)
Therefore we would not be good terrorists.
Saturday, November 7, 2009
When we are on the coast of Croatia, we will be in the region called Dalmatia.
Dalmatia was an ancient Roman province. Its name is probably derived from the name of an Illyrian tribe called the Dalmatae which lived in the area of the eastern Adriatic coast in Classical antiquity.
The Dalmatian dogs got their name from this area although where they first came from is somewhat in dispute. This website mentions the Dalmatian dogs long history with the Romanies (gypsies) who moved around frequently.
Let’s follow Keith and Ulla on their honeymoon around Croatia in October. We will be retracing most of their trip when we go there.
They start in Zagreb.
Then travel to Plitvice Lakes National Park.
Unto Paklenica Park and Zadar. We don’t go to the island of Pak but we do stay in the town of Zadar with its sun salutation and sea organ.
Thank you Keith and Ulla.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Meet in Zagreb and spend 1st night there.
- Drive to Piltvice National Park - about 40 miles - and hike this park. Stay in Korana. There was a PBS Nature show about this park called “Land of the Falling Lakes.”
- Bike around the village of Rakovica and stay overnight in Korana.
- Drive through the canyons of Zrmanja & Krupa Rivers and kayak one of those rivers. Drive to Zadar on the coast and stay overnight.
- Explore Paklenica Park. Stay overnight in Zadar.
- Take a boat to the island of Vrgada and kayak the bays and beaches.
- Stay overnight in Trogir
- Explore Krka Park.
- Stay overnight in Trogir.
- Drive to Split and take plane.